- Course Code: DRA01-10H-1222
- Hours: 18 Hours
- Sessions: 6 Lessons
- Date: 5, 7, 12, 14, 19 & 21 December 2022
- Time: 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Location: West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
- Language: Cantonese
- Fee: HKD$5,900
- Application Deadline: 27 November 2022
Please refer to the details below
The international trend of globalization and regional integration vigorously bring about various development schemes and plans, including the "Belt and Road” Initiative, the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank and the strategic development of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Bay Area. International commerce and trade are expected to increase, together with commercial disputes. Enterprises’ demand for high-end legal, dispute resolution, risk prevention, and management services, etc. are also growing. When it comes to the different advantages and shortcomings of different means of dispute resolution, the traditional legal, mediation and arbitration professionals are not satisfying clients’ needs. Clients nowadays have high expectations of international professional dispute resolution advocacy services, hoping that legal, mediation and arbitration professionals can have broader categories of service to provide better protection for the clients’ overall interest. When offering dispute resolution advocacy service, professional international dispute resolution advocates should first carry out a risk assessment and analysis of overall interest for the client to assist the client in choosing the most effective dispute resolution means and related professional dispute resolution professionals, evaluating the other party’s considerations and negotiation strategies, and also the feasibility and execution details of the settlement agreement, etc.
This course will equip students with the different knowledge and skills needed in dispute resolution advocacy and maximize the settlement benefits for clients in selecting the correct means to resolve and during the dispute resolution and negotiation processes. Participative exercises, case studies and role-play will be included in this well-rounded training, to prepare students for the accreditation assessment for being an International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocate.
Advantages of the Training Course
- High Recognition
As a centre for legal services and dispute resolution in the Asia Pacific Region, Hong Kong has already had a mature development in the international model of mediation.
- International Professional Qualification
This is the only certified Course which allows graduates to be eligible for taking the exam for an international professional dispute resolution expert qualification. Upon completion of this course, graduates can obtain the qualification of "International Professional Dispute Resolution Expert” (IPDRE) through Accreditation Assessment, and also the opportunities to handle cross-border and international commercial mediation cases as IPDRE.
- Teaching Quality Assurance
A team of veteran instructors, experienced in delivering training and mediation sessions, is responsible for preparing the teaching materials and teaching this Course. The reputable teaching team has trained up many professional mediators and dispute resolution experts in Hong Kong and around the world. They have also been participating in the design and development of professional dispute resolution mechanisms in different regions. All these indicate that the teaching team and teaching materials are up to international professional standards.
- Professional Development Platform
Students who have completed the course and passed the assessment can apply to become the International Professional Dispute Resolution Expert of the International Professional Advocates Association (“IPAA”). IPAA provides diversified continuing professional development opportunities and platforms to International Accredited Professional Mediators, including advanced courses, talks, seminars, mediation, case referrals, etc., to help advocates further develop their profession.
- Client’s Demand for High-End Dispute Resolution Services
- The development of the dispute resolution profession
- Understanding the means of dispute resolution
- How high-end dispute resolution services can satisfy clients’ needs
- Shortcomings of traditional dispute resolution services
- Sharpening the competitive edge of legal professionals and dispute resolution experts
- The profession of International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocates
- The brand-new international professional service
- Risk prevention
- Risk management
- Early assessment
- Dispute resolution
- Enforcement of the agreement/ arbitral award
- Professional qualification and role of International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocate
- IDRRMI International Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- Cross-profession, Cross-culture and cross-border collaboration of International Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- Advantages of International Dispute Resolution Mechanism to legal professionals, dispute resolution experts, and clients
- Professional Services offered by International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocates
- How to assist your client in choosing the means of dispute resolution
- Choosing the appropriate dispute resolution personnel, venue and time
- Procedures of IDRRMI of International Dispute Resolution Service
- Service charges and rules
- Preparation Work of International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocates
- Logistics - organizing the dispute resolution process
- Documentation - preparing the documentation
- People - preparing the team for the dispute resolution process
- People – lawyer’s preparation
- Strategy - preparing the opening statement
- Strategy - preparing for private sessions
- Fighting for the best interests of the client during mediation
- Opening phase
- Exploration phase
- Managing time effectively
- Bargaining phase
- Dealing with deadlock
- Settlement phase
- Highlights of the combination of dispute resolution mean
- Combination with the court
- Combination with the arbitration
- Mediators, Arbitrators, Solicitors, Barristers, Internal Legal Consultants of all organizations
- Senior Management and Executives
- Chief Financial Officers and Legal Affairs Officers
Upon completion of this Course
- Students attaining ≥ 70% attendance in the course will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance
- Students attaining ≥ 70% attendance and passing the end-of-course assessment will be awarded a Certificate of Completion
- Candidates successfully passing the assessment are eligible to apply to be the Certified International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocate of IPAA with the presence of the Certificate of Completion or the Assessment Results within a year
|Days||6 Weekday nights|
|Time||7:00pm - 10:00pm|
|Venue||Listed above ("Next round")|
|Teaching Medium||Cantonese (Teaching materials mainly in Chinese)|
|Tuition Fee||HK$ 5,900|
|Application Method||Please complete the application form and submit the cheque or payment receipt to AIDRN by email, mail or in-person on or before the deadline.|
|Deadline||Listed above ("Next round")|
|Terms and Conditions||A. Registration must be made by returning the completed online application form via google link and sending the crossed-cheque or copy of the bank-in slip to Room506, 5/F, West Wing Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong by 12:00 noon on 27 November 2022. Confirmation will be notified by email upon successful application on or before 28 November 2022. No Refund will be arranged in all circumstances after the confirmation notification is issued.
B. If you do not receive an email confirmation from the Secretariat after 28 November 2022, your name will be wait-listed. Your submitted cheque will be voided subsequently by the Secretariat if you have not been assigned a place in the captioned course or If your course fee was made by bank transfer, a cheque will be issued to you as the payment refund.
C. Participants must sign in and sign out. Participants who are late for more than 20 minutes or leave earlier in each session will not be qualified for the completion of IPAA’s & MHJMC’s & HKMC’s CPD Points in respective sessions.
D. Upon the official confirmation sent from the AIDRN, under no circumstance replacement course/ session would be arranged for any absentee in the class, nor does any refunds. Please check with our administration for further information.
E. If typhoon signal no. 8 or above or black rainstorm warning signals is hoisted and not lowered by 2 hours before the lesson start, the lesson will be postponed or cancelled. Rescheduled date/ time/ venue will be announced in due course.
F. In case of any disputes, the Academy of International Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation reserves the right to make final decisions.
G. The course is subject to change at any time without liability.