The performance-based teaching approach in Mediation Training Courses has struck a balance between teaching of mediation theories and mediation skills, so as to achieve better learning outcomes, through role-play practices. Mediation Coaches play an important role in ensuring high mediation training standard of AIDRN and preparing students for the accreditation of International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI) to become International Accredited Professional Mediators.
Aim of the Course
A Mediation Coach is required to observe and guide students during role plays, identify areas for students’ development or improvement in International Professional Mediator Training Certificate Course. The Coach will provide verbal and written feedback on students’ performance in role plays by taking a systematic approach in assessment. The course aims to explain the latest requirements for and skills essential to the professional accreditation. The course enables students to further understand mediation practices and latest developments in Hong Kong and the Mainland. They will also learn to effectively handle international or cross-border disputes. Students who have passed the assessment will be awarded a Certificate of Accredited International Professional Mediation Coach.
- Students attaining ≥ 70% attendance in the course will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.
- Students attaining ≥ 70% attendance and passing the end-of-course assessment will be awarded a Certificate of Accredited International Professional Mediation Coach, and eligible to be invited to be the Coach in International Professional Mediator Training Certificate Course.
- International Accredited Professional Mediators of Mainland – Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center;
- Detailed understanding on mediation theories, skills and their application;
- Good command of both written and spoken Chinese (Putonghua); and
- Good communication skills and adaptability
- Qualification Requirements for International Accredited Professional Mediators of IDRRMI
- Qualification requirements, assessment process and methods
- Review of key mediation concepts and skills
- Course outline
- Roles and Duties of Mediation Coaches
- Roles and duties of Mediation Coaches in International Professional Mediator Training Certificate Course organized or co-organized by AIDRN
- Process and skills of giving feedback, including written feedback
- Professional Development for Mediation Coaches
- Recommended fees charged by International Accredited Professional Mediators
- Expectation of Mediation Coach’s experience and performance
- Administrative arrangement
- Latest Development in International Commercial Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- Operation of the International Commercial Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- United Nations Commission International Trade Law’s latest development and the signing of Mediation Convention
- Accreditation Assessment
|Date & Time||22 September 2018 (Saturday) 10am - 5pm &
29 September 2018 (Saturday) 9am - 5pm
|Venue||AllBright Law Offices
(22/F, Tower 1, Excellence Century Centre, Fu Hua 3 Road, Futian District, Shenzhen)
|Teaching Medium||Putonghua (Teaching materials mainly in Chinese)|
|CPD||MHJMC: 13 points|
|Tuition Fee||HK$ 5,800|
|Application Method||Please submit the followings to AIDRN by email, mail or in person on or before the deadline.
(i) Application form;
(ii) Most recent CV; and
(iii) Proof of payment
* Please write down your full name, contact number and course title at the back of the telegraphic transfer or cheque or bank-in slip and submit it to AIDRN by email, mail or in person.
|Deadline||12:00 noon, 14 September 2018|