- Course Code: Adj01-03H-1122
- Hours: 40 hours; 36 hours [Participants who have a law degree or working experience of at least 10 years in administration, management, supervision of contracts or in dispute resolution relating to relevant contracts in Hong Kong may apply for exemption for the ”Contract Law for Adjudicators” session (4 hours)]
- Sessions: 4 Lessons
- Date: 26 November , 3, 10 & 17 December 2022
- Time: 9:00am – 7:00pm (including 1-hour and 30 minutes lunch break)
- Mode: Physical face-to-face
- Language: Cantonese, supplemented with English
- Fee: HK$16,000 (Course fee: HK$12,000 + Assessment fee HK$4,000)
- Application deadline: 17 November 2022
Suppose a participant is absent from the class due to compliance with the COVID-19 isolation or quarantine order. In that case, the Academy will arrange replacement classes for the participant in the next cohort with the rearranging class fee waived (participants must provide the Academy with the relevant government-issued supporting document for verification).
Adjudication is a private, confidential, and consensual dispute resolution process to provide a legally binding and enforceable decision for the parties on an expedited basis. It allows prompt resumption of a long-duration contractual relationship when any dispute has arisen in any stage of a project before the contract is concluded or terminated.
This Professional Adjudication Training course is the first adjudication training leading to the acquiring an internationally recognized Adjudication qualification - Certified Adjudicator. It covers international adjudication focusing on the theories and skills of adjudication as a field specialized in international development and practice in the arena of dispute resolution. At the end of the course, graduates will attend stage I & II of the IDRRMI Certified Adjudicator (CADJ) Assessment. Upon passing the assessment, they will be professionally qualified as a Certified Adjudicator (CADJ). This facilitates the development of their professional career in international adjudication.
- Legal practitioners including solicitors, barristers, dispute resolution advocates, in-house legal consultants, senior-level management and executives;
- Practitioners in commercial, finance, banking, healthcare, property management, construction, architecture, building, building surveying, construction, construction project management, engineering, law, quantity surveying, human resources management and related industries;
- Any person who is interested in participating in Adjudication in Hong Kong, Mainland China, Macau and overseas.
** Participants should possess a degree in commercial, finance, banking, healthcare, property management, architecture, building, building surveying, construction, construction project management, engineering, law, quantity surveying, human resources management or such other qualification as may be recognised by their respective professional institutions and have working experience of at least 10 years in administration, management, supervision of contracts in Hong Kong or in dispute resolution relating to relevant contracts in Hong Kong.
- Towards the end of Session 4 of the Course, the participants who have achieved an 80% attendance rate and passed the in-course assessment will be awarded with the “Certificate of Completion” of the “Professional Adjudicator Training Course”.
- These participants are eligible to attempt the accreditation assessment for Certified Adjudicator organised by the IDRRMI to acquire prestigious professional qualifications.
Candidates who successfully pass the accreditation assessment will be qualified as Certified Adjudicator (CADJ) of the IDRRMI, HKADJC and APCAM. For further details on the requirements and panel membership fees, please refer to the website of IDRRMI (https://idrrmi.org/) and HKADJC (https://idrrmi.org/about-hkadjc-en/) respectively.
Renowned Adjudication Trainers
Prof. Dr. LAW Wai Hung, Francis
Hon. LLD, Master of Law, MBA, MHKMC, SIME, CWPM, SIPDRA, FAIDRRMI, SCADJ, SCIEW
Dr. TO Wing, Christopher
BEng (Hons), LLB (Hons), LLM, MA, DipCD, HNC, FCIArb, FHKIArb, FSIArb, FIET, FHKIoD, CEng, MHKIE, MBCS, HKCS, ARAeS, RPE (ENS, INF, MIE), SCADJ
Prof. LI Kam Chuen
LLM, MEng, DipBS, PgDip (Int. Comm. Arb), FCIArb, FHKIArb, MRICS, MHKIS, SCADJ
Dr. LAM Wai Pan, Wilson
B.A.(A.S.), B.Arch, MSc. (Const. & Econ), MSc (Finance), MSc. (Marketing), MBA, LLM, HKIA, RIBA, MCIArb, FHKIArb, FAIADR, FICM-MCN, FAIDDRMI, SCADJ
Ms. KY LO
LLB (Hons), MCIOB, MHKICM, MHKIE, FHKIS, FRICS, MCIArb, SCADJ