Professional Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT)
|Category code||Course||Course Detail|
|[MFT01]||Short course in Marriage and Family Therapy - Family Structure||Detail|
|[MFT02]||Short course in Marriage and Family Therapy - Healthy Relationship||Detail|
|[MFT03]||Conversion Course for Marriage and Family Therapy||Detail|
|[MFT04]||Intermediate Course in Marriage and Therapy||Detail|
|[MFT05]||Advance Certificate - Professional Marriage and Family Therapy||Detail|
|[MFT06]||Postgraduate Certificate - Advanced Professional Marriage and Family Therapy||Detail|
Professional Certificate on Marriage and Family Therapy
It is awarded to participants who have completed a total of 45 hours of the Stage 1 and Stage 2 courses combined.
Stage 1 [Foundation - Basic] – Theory and practice (24 hours in total)
- Short course in Marriage and Family Therapy – Family Dynamic (7.5 hrs / 1 day) [4 cohort/yr]
- Short course in Marriage and Family Therapy – Healthy Relationship (7.5 hrs / 1 day) [4 / yr]
- Conversion Course for Marriage and Family Therapy (9 hours / 3 sessions) [2 / yr]
[ Stage 1 would be introducing the concept of the family dynamic and healthy relationship, it would also be touching on different types of family members including adolescents, couple, divorced partners. Other topics like trans-generation family, analysing symptoms of the member would also be covered.
Short courses serve as interest class that allows the participant to have a brief idea in some theories in Marriage and Family therapy. The course would also provide a few cases sharing in video segments to enhance the learning experience and obtain the taste to apply theory into reality.
Conversion Course is designed to participants who are interested in pursuing the Marriage and Family therapy after taking both other the short courses. The conversion course would provide comprehensive knowledge, structure and skills to participants, prepare them for stage 2 and become a pupil in the field of marriage and family therapy.]
Stage 2 [Foundation - Intermediate] – In-depth practice with case analysis (30 hours in total)
- Intermediation course in Marriage and Family Therapy (30 hours/ 10 sessions) [2 / yr]
[ After completing all the courses required in stage 1, stage 2 focuses on the practical approach with lectures and exercises on skills in the case-based learning approach. It requires heavy participation in an in-depth group discussion in live cases. It focuses on analysing different cases in a more structural, systematic and in-depth manner. It gives the participant comprehensive experiences throughout the client’s journey from intaking to exiting.]
Duration: Stage 1 and Stage 2 would take 6 – 12 months to complete.
Eligibility to obtain the certificate (Professional Certificate on Marriage and Family Therapy):
- Completed both stage 1 and stage 2; and
- 3 years or more working experience in any discipline.
* Participants can apply to IDRRMI with the certificates.
- Professional Certificate on Marriage and Family Therapy
- Title Marriage and Family Therapy Pupil (MFTP) of the IDRRMI
* Marriage and Family Therapy Pupil (MFTP) of the IDRRMI, who are eligible to be a pupil to supervisors and participate in field work practice.
Awarding organisation: International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI)