- Course Code: Arb01-01H-1121
- Date: 21, 28 Nov & 5, 12, 19 Dec 2021
- Time: 9:00am-7:00 pm
- Location: West Wing Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central
- Duration: 50 hours (5 days in total)
- Course language: Cantonese, supplemented with English
- Fee: HKD$22,000
- Deadline: 11 Novemeber 2021
The Academy of International Dispute Resolution and Professional Negotiation (AIDRN) offers rich content and engaging arbitrator training course to anyone aims to achieve professional international arbitrator qualification at the International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI). Delivered by a training team composes of field-leading experts, this course focuses on both the general international commercial arbitration practice and the specific practicing area including insurance, banking and finance, investment, building management, and construction. It is designed to equip participants with the competence, knowledge, and skills of a professional arbitrator.
Advantages of the Training Course
- High recognition - AIDRN is a global academic institute that offers training, defines competency standards, and conducts researches and data analysis for dispute resolution and negotiation. AIDRN collaborates with prominent dispute resolution organizations and universities in Hong Kong, Australia, Mainland China, and the United Kingdom, providing a strong professional network for participants.
- Obtain advanced professional qualification in a short period of time - Upon completion of this course, participants are eligible to apply for the Qualification Accreditation Assessment for International Professional Arbitrator organized by the International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI) and gain the opportunity to handle international commercial arbitration cases.
- Professional Development Platforms - IDRRMI provides diversified continuing professional development opportunities and a well-established professional advancement platform to professional members, including advanced courses, talks, seminars, mediation, case referrals, etc., to support professional development in the arbitration industry.
- International Arbitration for Commercial Dispute Settlement
- Regulatory Framework for Arbitration
- Legal Regime governing international commercial arbitration
- Evidence, decision making, and Arbitral award writing
- Exercises, mock arbitration, and end-of-course assessment
- Legal practitioners including solicitors, barristers, dispute resolution advocates, in-house legal, consultants, senior-level management and executives;
- Professionals in commercial, finance, banking, healthcare, property management, construction and human resources management; and
- Any persons who are interested in participating in commercial arbitration in Hong Kong, Mainland, Taiwan, Macau, and overseas.
Certification & Professional Qualification
- Participants attaining ≥ 80% attendance in the course and passing the end-of-course will be awarded a “Certificate of Completion” to the Training course.
- Candidates with the “Certificate of Completion” are eligible to apply to participate in the accreditation assessment for International Arbitrator organized by the IDRRMI to acquire the professional qualification.
- Participants who successfully pass the IDRRMI accreditation assessment for International Arbitrator, are qualified to register at the IDRRMI, enlisting as Arbitration Member of the IDRRMI, Hong Kong Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (HKCICA), and the Asia Pacific Centre for Arbitration and Mediation (APCAM).
Professional advancement chart
Prof. Francis LAW
Chairman, International Dispute Resolution & Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI)
Prof. Christopher TO
Committee Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
Prof. Rajesh SHARMA
Adjunct Professor, Academy of International Risk Management and Professional Negotiation (AIDRN)
Mr. Ronald SUM
Partner in the Hong Kong office and Head of Dispute Resolution in Asia of Addleshaw Goddard (Hong Kong) LLP
Dr. Lobo FUNG
President, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Property Managers (HKCPM)
Mr. Kum Chuen LI
Adjunct Lecturer, Academy of International Risk Management and Professional Negotiation (AIDRN)
|Duration||50-hour (5 lessons)|
|Time||9:00am - 7:00pm|
|Mode||Physical classroom setting|
|Location||Central, Hong Kong|
|Teaching Medium||Cantonese, supplement with English|
|Application Method||1) Please complete the application form (Click on "Apply Now" from the above);
2) Submit C.V to the admission office of AIDRN via email (firstname.lastname@example.org); and
3) Complete the application procedure (including settling the course fee) before the deadline for application.
1. Crossed cheque
2. Bank Transfer
- Please provide the Bank-in Slip and state your full name, contact number, and course title.