- Course Code: Arb01-04H-1022
- Hours: 50 Hours
- Sessions: 5 Lessons
- Date: 8, 15, 22, 29 Oct & 5 Nov 2022
- Time: 9:00am-7:00pm (including 1.5 hours lunch break)
- Mode: Hybrid (Zoom & Face to Face)
- Location: West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
- Language: Cantonese, supplemented with English
- Fee: HKD$23,000 (Course Fee HKD$17,000 + CIAb Stage I & II Assessment Fee HKD$6,000)
- Application Deadline: 29 Sept 2022
Suppose a participant is absent from the class due to compliance with the COVID-19 isolation or quarantine order. In that case, the Academy will arrange replacement classes for the participant in the next cohort with the rearranging class fee waived (participants must provide the Academy with the relevant government-issued supporting document for verification).
The Academy of International Dispute Resolution and Professional Negotiation (AIDRN) offers rich content and engaging arbitrator training course to anyone aims to achieve a qualified professional international arbitrator qualification at the International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI). Delivered by a training team composes of field-leading experts, this course focuses on both the general international commercial arbitration practice and the specific practicing area including insurance, banking and finance, investment, building management, and construction. It is designed to equip participants with the competence, knowledge, and skills of a professional arbitrator.
Advantages of the Training Course
- Obtain advanced professional qualification in a short period of time -Upon completion of this course and end-of-course Qualification Assessment, participants are eligible to apply to become the Certified International Arbitrators (CIAb) of the International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI) and gain the opportunity to handle international commercial arbitration cases.
- Professional Development Platforms -IDRRMI provides diversified continuing professional development opportunities and a well-established professional advancement platform to professional members, including advanced courses, seminars, conferences, case referrals, etc., supportting the professional development in the arbitration industry.
- International Arbitration for Commercial Dispute Settlement
- Regulatory Framework for Arbitration
- Legal Regime governing international commercial arbitration
- Evidence, decision making, and Arbitral award writing
- Exercises, mock arbitration, and end-of-course professional qualification assessment
- Legal practitioners including solicitors, barristers, dispute resolution advocates, in-house legal, consultants, senior-level management and executives;
- Professionals in commercial, finance, banking, healthcare, property management, construction and human resources management; and
- Any persons who are interested in participating in commercial arbitration in Hong Kong, Mainland, Taiwan, Macau, and overseas.
Certification & Professional Qualification
- Participants attaining ≥ 80% attendance in the course and passing the end-of-course assessment will be awarded a “Certificate of Completion” to the Training course.
- Candidates with the “Certificate of Completion” are eligible to register at the IDRRMI, enlisting as Arbitration Member of the IDRRMI, Hong Kong Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (HKCICA), and the Asia Pacific Centre for Arbitration and Mediation (APCAM).
Professional advancement chart
Members of the Course's training team
Prof. Francis LAW
Chairman, International Dispute Resolution & Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI)
Dr. Lobo FUNG
President, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Property Managers (HKCPM)
Prof. Edwin CHAN
Adjunct Professor, Department of Building and Real Estate, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
Mr. Kum Chuen LI
Adjunct Lecturer, Academy of International Risk Management and Professional Negotiation (AIDRN)
|Duration||50-hours (5 lessons)|
|Time||9:00am-7:00pm (including 1.5 hours lunch-break)|
|Location||Physical: West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
|Teaching Medium||Cantonese, supplemented with English|
|Tuition Fee||HK$23,000 (Assessment fee included)|
|Application Method||1) Please complete the application form (Click on "Apply Now" from the above);
2) Submit C.V to the admission office of AIDRN via email (firstname.lastname@example.org); and
3) Complete the application procedure (including settling the course fee) before the deadline for application.
1. Crossed cheque
2. Bank Transfer