Course Code: (Med11-01H-0821)
- Duration: 12 hours
- Date: 20, 24, 27 & 31 August 2021
- Location: Room 506, 5/F, West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
- Medium: Cantonese, supplemented with English
- Mode: Physical Classroom setting
- Fee: HKD$4,200
- Application Deadline: 12 August 2021 12:00 Noon
Please refer to the details below
With high success rates of settlement worldwide, mediation has proven to be an efficient, time, and cost-effective dispute resolution tool which adequately addresses the interests of the parties. Thus, resorting to mediation should be highly encouraged.
The professional who assists parties, mediators, and the mediation institute to administer the mediation is of paramount importance for a successful mediation. A mediation case manager provides case management services and administrative support to Mediation service providers. A mediation case manager collaborates with the mediator and the mediation centres to develop and administer their dispute resolution practice.
In mediation, a case manager is usually the first dispute resolution professional with whom parties have contact. Because they are the first point of contact, case managers can influence whether or not all parties will come to the mediation table.
Although the principle of self-determination prescribes that the parties themselves should decide whether to participate in community mediation, few parties have experienced or are familiar with mediation. Therefore, the case manager is typically the first person to explain the process and to determine if a case is appropriate for mediation. If case managers determine that a dispute may be amenable to mediation, they may then attempt to persuade parties that mediation could work for them. Case managers do not represent either party, but they often advocate for the mediation process.
The design of the course is to train the professional practitioners to provide excellent service on mediation-related logistics, administrations, documentation, and progress arrangement to the client. We cover various topics in the course that is both accurate and practical to the operation as a case manager in the mediation of various natures including mediation in Hong Kong, cross-border, and in the Greater Bay Area. Through interactive and real-case simulation exercises, the Professional Mediation Case Manager Certificate Training course enhances the learning experience of participants, allowing them to familiar with all the key standards and conduct as a professional mediation case manager. Upon the completion of the course, participants are eligible to obtain the professional qualification and apply as Professional Mediation Case Manager (PMCM) under the Hong Kong International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management System.
- Staff at institutions that provides mediation services,
- Human recourses, complain handling representatives in companies, and
- Individuals who are interested in obtaining a professional qualification in mediation case management.
- Case management in Mediation, its impact and challenges
- Introduction on effective dispute resolution and Mediation
- Role of Professional Mediation Case Manager (PMCM)
- Code, conduct, and ethics of PMCP
- Relationship between Mediation case manager and Mediator
- Administration of Mediation (General mediation, international mediation and Workplace mediation)
- Mediation Process and procedures on specialized cases ie IP case, Construction, Employee Compensation Claim
- PMCM’s professional services
- Special Mediation Schemes under the administration of HKMC, and MHJMC, HKIMC
- Role-play exercise
End-of-course assessment and assignment
Certification & Professional qualification
Stage 1 (Successfully completed the entire Training course)
Participant who fulfills the following criteria would be graduated from the Training course
- Attain 100% of the course
- Passed the in-course exam (Passing grade as 70%)
- Passed the case report assignment (Deadline for submission: 2 weeks from the last lesson)
Participant will be awarded the “Certificate of Completion” of the course.
Stage 2 (Registration to IDRRMI panel)
Participant who holds the “Certificate of Completion” are eligible to apply for the registration procedure as an enlisted Professional Mediation Case Manager (PMCM) of the International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI).
|Time||Four weekday nights for 3 hours each|
|Duration||12 hours in total|
|Media||Cantonese lecture (supplemented with English Materials)|
|Location||Room 506, 5/F, West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong|
|Course Mode||Lecture, group discussion, group exercise, assignment|
|Registration||1. Please complete and submit the online application form via the link above (Next cohort)
2. Please settle the course fee by either cross-cheque or bank transfer on or before the application deadline.
*Application Terms and Conditions apply
|Payment Methods||1. Crossed cheque
- Cheque should be made payable to “Academy of Intl Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation Ltd.”
- Please write down your full name and contact number, and label the course title on the back of the cheque.
- Submit your cheque to Room 506, 5/F, West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong2. Bank Transfer- Please provide the Bank-in Slip and state your full name, contact number, and course title.
- Bank Name: Academy of Intl Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation Ltd
- Bank Account: BANK OF CHINA (Hong Kong) LIMITED (012-704-2-005666-9)