The aim of contract law is the provision of an effective legal framework for parties to regulate and comply with contractual obligations. Thus, contracts often play a crucial role in the success in business and are extremely important to business development and protection. A well-drafted contract prevents companies from breach of contract and minimizes business risks such as litigation. Therefore, the competence of preparing a decent contract is a knowledge and skill not only useful to lawyers, but also to other professionals who are tasked with seeking better protection and fair and mutually beneficial business relationship for their company.
This course aims to provide beginner and intermediate level of knowledge and practice on contract law and contract drafting. Students will be taught on the concept, applicability, considerations of a contract. This course also touches on both contract practices in Hong Kong and Mainland China, allowing students to be familiar with and distinguish between the characteristics of contract practices in the two different jurisdictional systems. This course would help the students to establish professional credibility and ability by reinforcing their understanding of the commercial aspects of a contract and the substantial legal issue. Students will benefit from this course and find it useful when they are asked to guide clients through a contract. The course also benefits multi-disciplinary professional industries including mediators, lawyers, compliance professionals, businessmen and individuals whose work involves drafting or reading contracts.
• Mediators, lawyers, arbitrators, and business compliance professionals
• Individuals who need to read and draft contracts at work
• Individuals who are interested in learning the knowledge and skill in contract law and contract drafting
Professor Shahla Ali
• Professor & Associate Dean (International), Faculty of Law, The University of Hong Kong
• Deputy Director, LLM in Arbitration and Dispute Resolution, Faculty of Law, The University of Hong Kong
Ms. Zhang Siqi, Monica
• Adjunct Lecturer, Academy of International Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation
• Lawyer (Mainland China)
• Students attaining 100% attendance in the course and passing the end-of-course assessment will be awarded a Certificate of Completion
|Date||29, 30 September & 6 October 2020 (Tue, Wed & Tue)|
|Time||7:00 pm – 10:00 pm|
|Duration||9 hours in total|
|Location||Room 508, 5/F, West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong|
|Course Fee||IDRRMI / HKMC members: HK$3,000
|Course Mode||Lecture, group discussion, exercise, assignments|
|Medium||English and Mandarin|
|Registration||1. Please complete and submit the online application form via the link below:
2. Please settle the course fee by either crossed cheque or bank transfer on or before 12:00 noon, 23 September 2020 (Wed).
|Payment Methods||1. Crossed cheque
Cheque should be made payable to “Academy of Intl Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation Ltd.” Please write down your full name and contact number, and label the course title on the back of the cheque. Only applicable to owners of a Hong Kong bank account. Please submit your cross-cheque to Academy of Intl Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation (21/F, Success Commercial Building, 245-251 Hennessy Road, Wanchai).
2. Bank Transfer
Please provide the Bank-in Slip and state your full name, contact number and the course title.
Bank Account: Academy of Intl Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation Ltd
|Application Deadline||12:00 noon, 23rd September 2020 (Thu)|