Next round, 11th Cohort (Hong Kong):
- Location: Hong Kong
- Course Code: (Edu01-11H-1120)
- Duration: 18 hours (Stage 1 - 13 hours, Stage 2 - 5 hours)
- Stage 1
- Date: 3, 5, 8 Nov 2020
- Time: L1, L2 (7:00pm - 10pm) & L3 (9:30 am – 6:00 pm)
- Location: Room 506, 5/F, West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
- Medium: Cantonese, supplemented with English
- Fee: HKD$6,500
- Deadline: 27 October 2020
Please refer to the details below
Mediation Training Course is designed on the performance-based approach to balancing the teaching and practice of mediation concepts and skills with designated role-play exercises. Mediation Coach is one of the key participants in ensuring the high standard of our mediation training to enable the participants to receive credit towards professional mediator accreditation.
Being a Meditation Coach, he/she is expected to observe and guide role plays, to identify the areas for reinforcement and improvement of those participants of International Professional Mediator Training Certificate Courses as well as General Mediator Training Courses. Coaches will give feedback with reference to their performance in the role plays with a systematic feedback approach. Moreover, he/she is required to provide written feedback on the performance of the mediator trainee in the role-play according to the standard specified by the Academy of International Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation (“AIDRN”) and Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Limited (“HKMAAL”).
Aim of the Course
The objectives of this program are to explain the latest requirements of these two professional accreditation bodies. Participants will have the chance to understand mediation practices and the latest development in the mainland. They will also be trained on how to effectively handle cross-border disputes. (Participants who have satisfactorily completed the course will be qualified to apply for joining the International Accredited Professional Mediator Panel of Mainland-Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center (“MHJMC”) and International Dispute Resolution & Risk Management Institute (“IDRRMI”).)
An accreditation assessment will be conducted at the end of the course. Graduates who have achieved satisfactory results in the assessment and fulfilled the requirements specified by MHJMC, IDRRMI and/or HKMAAL may be invited to be the coach of the International Professional Mediator Training Certificate Courses organized by AIDRN and/or the coach of the General Mediator Training Courses organized by Hong Kong Mediation Centre (“HKMC”).
- Accredited Mediators of MHJMC, IDRRMI and/or Panel of Mediators of HKMC;
- Conversant with mediation theories, skills, and their application;
- Good command of both written and spoken Chinese and English and Putonghua; and
- Good communication skills and have the ability to adapt their communication style to suit the need of the audience
Stage 1 (Course - 13 hours)
- Requirements of IDRRMI and HKMAAL
- Requirements, process, and forms
- The system and the approaches of the International Accredited Professional Mediator
- Mediation concepts and skills
- Course outline
- Roles and Duties of Mediation Coaches
- In International Professional Mediator Training Certificate Courses organized or co-organized by AIDRN
- In General Mediator Training Courses organized or co-organized by HKMC
- Process and tips of giving feedback/written feedback
- Professional Aspect of Mediation Coach
- The recommended charges for an International Accredited Professional Mediator
- The expectation of Coach’s experience and performance
- Administration issues
- The Development of the Latest International Commercial Dispute Resolution
- The operation of the International Commercial Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- The latest development of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (“UNCITRAL”) and
the signing of the Convention on Settlement Agreement
- Accreditation Assessment
Stage 2 (Practicum - 5 hours)
After completing stage 1, participants will be granted in-class assess to practice professional coaching with real-time
coaching sessions (total 5 hours). They are required to perform in two coaching sessions as a professional coach trainee.
Only when achieved satisfactory performances in the practicum sessions are eligible to obtain the professional certificate.
- Certificate of Completion will be presented to participants who have an attendance of 100% or above for all the sessions.
- Certificate of Attendance will be presented to participants who have an attendance of 70% or above for all the sessions.
- Certificate of Accredited International Professional Mediation Coach will be presented to graduates who have an attendance of 70% or above for all the sessions and have achieved satisfactory results in the assessment.
|Duration||Total 18 hours (Stage 1 - 13 hours ; Stage 2 - 5 hours)|
|Date & Time||Stage 1: 13 hours (3 lessons)
- 3, 5 Nov 2020 (7:00pm - 10:00pm) &
- 8 Nov 2020 (9:30am - 12:30am; 2:00pm - 6:00pm)
(with the assessment)Stage 2: 5 hours
- Must be completed within 6 months after the completion of stage 1
|Venue||Room 506, 5/F, West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong|
|Teaching Medium||Cantonese (with English teaching materials)|
|CPD||IDRRMI: 18 points
HKMC: 18 points
|Tuition Fee||HK$ 6,500|
|Application Method||Please submit the online application form (https://forms.gle/qiJACqLiwQRF6LJv9) and submit the followings to AIDRN by email, mail, or in-person on or before the deadline:
(ii) A most recent CV; and
(iii) Proof of payment
|Deadline||As listed above|