- Course Code: IP01-03H-0722
- Hours: 40 hours
- Sessions: 5 Lessons
- Date: 23, 30 July, 6, 13 & 20 August 2022
- Time: 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Mode: Physical (Face-to-face)
- Location: Room 506, 5/F, West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
- Language: Cantonese, supplemented with English
- Fee: $16,500 (Training and Assessment fee included)
- Application Deadline: 14 July 2022
Please refer to the details below
Innovation is one of the greatest assets in many businesses. To secure long-term commercial success, Intellectual Property (IP) protection of innovation trademarks, designs, patents, and copyright is essential. This course aims to train intellectual property consultants who are competent to provide advice on the application of intellectual property on clients’ assets, help them to value monetary assets and manage intellectual property portfolios. If the patent was violated, the consultant would plan and follow adequate legal procedures to protect the IP.
International Professional Advocate Association - Intellectual Property Application and Protection office (IPAA – IPAPO) provides professional services for Commercial enterprises, creators and professionals. IPAA-IPAPO oers professional and quality-assured services including intellectual property management and development, intellectual property protection in international trade, intellectual property dispute resolution, and rights protection.
Headquartered based in Hong Kong and with branches in major domestic cities in Mainland China, IPAA gathers professional talents in intellectual properties, international trade, insurance, finance and taxation, lawyers, banks, securities, investment, and other fields. The association is committed to providing one-stop service on customized intellectual property protection schemes.
Target of the Course
- Enhancing the awareness of intellectual property (IP) protection
- Strengthening the professional knowledge of the IP
- Fully utilize innovation and the potential of companies
- Improving the IP rights protection of enterprises
- Building a professional team of IP consultants
- Expanding intellectual property asset values of companies
- Process of IP right protection arrangement
- Lifting the competitiveness of enterprises
- Case study and practices
- End-of-course assessments
Dr. Francis Law Wai Hung
Dr. Francis Law is the Chairman of the Hong Kong Mediation Centre (HKMC), the Founding Chairman of the International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Association (IDRRMI), the President and Professor of the Academy of International Dispute Resolution and Professional Negotiation (AIDRN), the Founding Chairman of the Mainland-Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center (MHJMC) and International Professional Advocate Association (IPAA). Dr. Law is also the President of National Copyright Protection Base (Hong Kong), Director of Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Mediation Alliance, Director of Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Intellectual Property Alliance, Practice Guidance Expert of the National Intellectual Property Exchange Network, and Member of the Expert Committee of the National Copyright Trade Base (Yuexiu) Rights Protection.
Dr. Alex Lau Shui Yin
Dr. Alex Lau is an adjunct lecturer at the Academy of International Dispute Resolution and Professional Negotiation Research (AIDRN), Intellectual Property Consultant of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Government Trade and Industry Department, Vice President of the International Alliance of Small and Medium Enterprises, Member of the Small and Medium Enterprise Customer Liaison Group of the HKSAR Industry and Trade Department, and International Alliance of Small and Medium Enterprises Chairman of the Intellectual Property Committee. He is also a member of the National Copyright Protection Base (Hong Kong), Chairman of the Intellectual Property Mediation Committee of the Hong Kong International Mediation Center (HKIMC), Intellectual Property Consultant of the Hong Kong Brand Chamber of Commerce, Intellectual Property Consultant of the Asia-Pacific Cultural and Creative Industries Association, and Social Affairs Administration of the HKSAR Government Business consultant and mentor to the "Business Guide" of the Trade and Industry Department of the HKSAR Government.
Dr. Lau has been practicing in the legal profession for over 20 years and has extensive experience in the field of intellectual property. For the past 8 years, he has been the consultant of China Intellectual Property and Brand of the Hong Kong Trade Development Council and the consultant of the Intellectual Property of the Hong Kong Design Centre. In 2015, Dr. Lau was awarded the Chief Executive Community Service Certificate (Intellectual Property) by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government.
- Inventors and creators, business managers
- Intellectual-property professionals, intellectual property students and teachers, civil society; and
- Other interested groups
- The “Certificate of Completion” will be awarded to participants who attain 100% attendance in the course, and pass the end-of-course assessment.
- Participants who obtained the “Certicate of Complete” of this course are eligible to apply for the “Accredited International Intellectual Property Consultant (AIIPC)” at the IPAA.
- Upon successfully passing the accreditation at the IPAA, participants are qualified to be enlisted on the panel of Accredited International Intellectual Property Consultant (AIIPC).
- Enlisted AIIPC are offered great opportunities to uptake the intellectual property and protection service cases in Hong Kong, Mainland China, and overseas referred by the International Professional Advocate Association - Intellectual Property Application and Protection office (IPAA – IPAPO).