- Code: Med17-01H-0320
- Date: 26 & 27 March, 2020
- Time: 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm (6hr)
- Fee: IDRRMI, HKMC, MHJMC member - $2,200; Non-member - $2,500
- Deadline: 20 March 2020
- (Online Live Streaming is available)
Please refer to the details below
Access to quick application
The “Practice direction 31” has indicated professional mediation shows a significant position in dispute resolution. The flexible and professional mediation process allows professionally qualified mediators to explore with parties the underlying interests and needs that beyond litigation positions can cover and protect. Its success relies on numerous factors, and detailed preparation work prior to mediation meetings plays a crucial role in separating disputing parties further away or bringing them together for the peaceful conflict resolution process.
Preparation is the key to a successful mediation. Mediators are often taught in courses on the foundation process and skills required in mediation meetings. However, very little is known about the key feature of the process, preparation, knowledge, and skills required for the prep-meeting session of a mediation process. This course serves and beginner and intermediate sessions to our participants on the proper knowledge and skills needed for professionally conducted mediation preparation. We are proud to have invited Prof. Francis Law, an internationally recognized professional trainer, mediation assessor, and dispute resolution consultant to be the trainer of this course.
Hybrid Course (Offline / Online)
- Participants can choose to attend the class in the classroom or remotely via an online live stream.
- Please read the AIDRN online course policies
- Mediators and lawyers
- Dispute resolution practitioner
- People who might work with mediators
- Individuals who are interested in understanding mediators’ role in preparing for cases
- Persons who are interested in learning the mediation
- Mode: Lecture, sharing, group discussion, and exercise
- Medium: Cantonese, supplemented by English
Students attaining 100% attendance in the course will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance
- International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI): 6 points
- Hong Kong Mediation Centre (HKMC): 6 points
- Mainland-Hong Kong Joint Mediation Centre (MHJMC): 6 points
Prof. Francis Law
Hon. LLD, MBA, MHKMC, SIME, CWPM, IPDRA, Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Mediator, Arbitrator, Advocate, Negotiator, Lead Assessor, and Trainer
- President of Hong Kong Mediation Centre (HKMC)
- Founding Chairman of Mainland - Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center (MHJMC)
- Founding Chairman of the International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI)
- President of the Academy of International Dispute Resolution and Professional Negotiation (AIDRN)
Prof. Law is an experienced international business consultant and expert in dispute resolution. He has more than 30 years of experience in Public Administration Management, Human Resources, Conflict Management, and corporate development. Prof. Law has expertise in organizational development, competency building, leadership development, performance management, and executive coaching.
Prof. Law is also a columnist for publishing articles in commercial and workplace disputes in local newspapers/ magazines. Since 2016, he has been leading delegations to attend the United Nations Commission of International Trade Law Sessions and presented professional comments and contributed to the Mediation Conversion. Prof. Law was awarded a Certificate of Commendation by the Secretary of Home Affairs to command for his dedicated services and outstanding contribution to the promotion of mediation professional services.
Upcoming Cohort Info
|Date||26 & 27 March, 2020|
|Time||7:00 pm – 10:00 pm|
|Duration6||6 hours in total|
|Location||21/F, Success Commercial Building, 245-251 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong|
|Course Fee||IDRRMI, HKMC, MHJMC member - $2,200
Non-member - $2,500
Application & Payment Methods
|Application Deadline||12:00 noon, 20th March 2020 (Fri)|
|Registration|| 1. Please complete and submit the online application form via the link below:
2. Please settle the course fee by either crossed cheque or bank transfer on or before 12:00 noon, 20 March 2020 (Tue).
|Payment Methods||1. Crossed cheque
Cheque should be made payable to “Academy of Intl Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation Ltd.” Please write down your full name and contact number, and label the course title on the back of the cheque. Only applicable to owners of a Hong Kong bank account. Please submit your cross-cheque to the Academy of Intl Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation (21/F, Success Commercial Building, 245-251 Hennessy Road, Wanchai).
2. Bank Transfer
Please provide the Bank-in Slip and state your full name, contact number, and the course title.
BANK OF CHINA (Hong Kong) LIMITED
Academy of Intl Dispute Resolution &
Professional Negotiation Ltd
Bank Account Number: