(Update as on 9/8/2021)
Next round :
- Location: Hong Kong
- Code: Med1314-06H-0921b
- Class: 2 Lessons
- Duration: 8 hours
- Date & Time:
- Lesson 1 : 18 Sept 2021 - 2:30pm - 6:30pm
- Lesson 2 : 25 Sept 2021 - 9:30am - 1:30pm
- Language: Cantonese (Teaching materials mainly in Chinese)
- Member -$2,200
- Non-Member - $2,500
- Deadline: 9 Sept 2021
Please refer to the details below
Conflicts at work often negatively affect enterprises and it takes managers much time and effort to deal with the conflicts. Being skilled in managing workplace conflicts not only improves relationships with employees or business partners but also enhances the competitiveness of individuals and enterprises.
The course is suitable for people who are accredited mediators or with basic knowledge of mediation. It covers workplace mediation concepts, principles, and skills. Students will be better equipped with the knowledge by engaging in diversified learning activities such as group discussions, real-life case studies and role-plays. The course enables students to strengthen their mediation skills to resolve workplace conflicts as a workplace mediator. In addition, by improving relationships with co-workers and business partners, efficiency and productivity at work will be greatly increased, which leads to a higher chance of promotion.
Upon completion of the course, graduates will be qualified to apply to be a Certified Workplace Mediator. The qualification of Certified Workplace Mediator not only advances individuals’ career development but also brings students opportunities to resolve workplace conflicts or develop policies for workplace conflict resolution in organizations across the world.
Advantages of the Training Course
- High Recognition
AIDRN is a global academic institute that offers training, defines competency standards, and conducts researches and data analysis for dispute resolution and negotiation. AIDRN receives support and recognition from prominent dispute resolution organizations such as the Hong Kong Mediation Centre, Mainland-Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center and universities in Australia, China, and the United Kingdom.
- Teaching Quality Assurance
A team of experienced instructors is responsible for preparing the teaching materials and teaching this course. The reputable teaching team has trained up many professional mediators in Hong Kong and around the world, indicating that the teaching team and teaching materials are up to international professional standards.
- Professional Development Platform
AIDRN provides diversified continuing professional development opportunities and platforms to Certified Workplace Mediators, including advanced courses, talks, seminars, mediation, case referrals, etc., in order to help them further develop their mediation profession.
- Why does conflict happen in the Workplace?
- Advantages of Resolving Workplace Conflicts by Mediation
- Principles of Workplace Mediation
- The six-step structure of Workplace Mediation
- Resolving complaints from external and internal customers
- Handling disagreements or resolving conflicts caused by a difference in cultures or nationalities
- Dealing with bullying and harassment issues in the Workplace
- Roleplay exercises
- Accredited mediators of Hong Kong Mediation Centre, International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute or Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Limited
- Associate members of the Hong Kong Mediation Centre
- Persons who completed the International Professional Mediation Training Certificate Course of Mainland - Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center
- Persons who are interested in converting to be the Certified Workplace Mediator of IDRRMI
- Persons who intend to deal with workplace mediation cases
- Persons who are educated about mediation
- Students attaining 100% attendance in the course and passing the end-of-course assessment will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
- Candidates successfully passing the assessment are eligible to apply to be the Certified Workplace Mediators of IDRRMI with the presence of the Certificate of Completion or the Assessment Results within a year. The application fee will be HK$500 (effective date will be till 31 December at the year of application) and an annual fee will be HK$500.
- Hong Kong Mediation Centre: 8 points
- Mainland-Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center: 8 points
|Course Code||Med14 (Med1314 is combined course)|
|Venue Location||Room 506, 5/F, West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong|
|Tuition Fee||HK$ 2,200 (IDRRMI Mediator / MHJMC Mediator / HKMC Member)
HK$ 2,500 (Non-IDRRMI Mediator or MHJMC Mediator or HKMC Member)
Assessment fee included
|Application Method||Please complete the application form and submit the cheque or payment receipt to AIDRN by email, mail, or in-person to Room 506, 5/F, West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong on or before the deadline.|