- Course Code: Med05-07H-0224
- Hours: 12 Hours
- Sessions: 4 Lessons
- Date: 8, 15, 22 & 29 February 2024
- Time: 7:00pm-10:00pm
- Mode: Physical (Face-to-face)
- Location: West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
- Language: Cantonese, supplemented with English
- Fee: HKD$4,500 (HKMC / IDRRMI associate members or panel mediators); HK$5,000 (Non-members)
- Application Deadline: 29 January 2024
In employees' compensations disputes, employee, employer, and insurance companies are often dragged by lengthy claim processes, perceived unfair compensations, and facing undesirable judgment outcomes. As mediation has earned a prominent role in the dispute resolution sector, its application in employees' compensation disputes is also growing in popularity. Resolving employees' compensation disputes can be complicated and technical, professional mediators shall equip themselves with the advanced and specific skill set to cater to the increasing demand for employees' compensation mediation services.
The course targets professional mediators intending to advance both their practical and theoretical knowledge in employees' compensation mediation. It helps them to keep abreast with the current employees' compensation and dispute resolution development and be familiar with the procedure and policies in the employees' compensation claiming process. This advanced specialisation course is designed to be highly interactive with role plays, allowing participants to gain practical experience through stimulating exercises. Upon successful completion of the course and passing of the end-of-course assessment, you will be eligible to be enlisted on the Specialist Panel of the Hong Kong Mediation Centre (HKMC) or/and the International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI), specific for the Employees' Compensation Claims.
- Employees' compensation claim procedure, labour ordinance, and relevant law in Hong Kong
- Understanding the dispute resolution for EC Claims;
- The benefit of Mediation for different stakeholders in EC claims
- Overview of Employees' compensation claim Mediation Scheme, workflow and case management
- Collaborating with parties, solicitors, and mediation advocates in EC claims and mediation
- Mediator’s preparation in EC claims (Pre-mediation session) and exercise
- Formulating mediation strategy and parties’ negotiation strategy in EC claim mediation (and exercise)
- Mediation session specifically for EC claims (exercise) and drafting materials
- Drafting Mediation Settlement agreement / MOU in EC claims
- Role play
- End-of-course Assessment
- Mr Stephen Chu
- Mr Jacky Lai
Individuals who participated in General Mediator Training Course from a recognised organisation or HKMAAL/ IDRRMI Professionally qualified mediators who are
- interested in enhancing knowledge in employees' compensation
- interested in obtaining advanced mediator qualification
- interested in enlisting in the mediation specialist panelist of HKMC or/and IDRRMI
Upon completion of this specialised course
- Students attaining 80% attendance in the course and passing the end-of-course will be awarded a Certificate of Completion
- Candidates with the Certificate of Completion are eligible to apply to be the Employees' Compensation Claims Mediation Specialised Panel at HKMC or/and IDRRMI within a year upon the completion of the course.
- Applicant must fulfill the requirement of entering the professional mediator panel set by HKMC or/and IDRRMI.
Professional Qualification :
- Participants who successfully complete the course are eligible to apply and register to be enlisted on the IDRRMI (international mediation expert) or/and HKMC (advanced mediator) list, namely in the Employees' Compensation Claims panel.
- Titled as IDRRMI (IME-ECC) or/and HKMC (AM-ECC)
The Course is recognised by :
- Hong Kong Mediation Centre
- International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute
- International Professional Advocate Association
- Hong Kong International Mediation Centre
- Hong Kong Centre of International Commercial Arbitration
- Mainland - Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center
|Total 12 hours
|4 weekday nights
|7pm – 10pm
|West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central Hong Kong
|Lecture, Case study, Sharing, Exercise, Group discussion, Roleplay & Assessment
|Medium of Instruction
|Cantonese, supplemented with English
|12 Points (HKMC, IDRRMI, MHJMC)
|• HKMC / IDRRMI associate member or panel mediator: $4,500
• Non-member: $5,000
|Students attaining 80% attendance in the course and passing the end-of-course will be awarded a Certificate of Completion
|1. Please complete and submit the online application form via clicking the "apply now" button above
2. Please settle the course fee by either cross-cheque or bank transfer or FPS on or before the deadline.
Cheque should be payable to “Academy of Intl Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation Ltd.” Please write down your full name, and contact number and label the course title on the back of the cheque. Only applicable to owners of a Hong Kong bank account. Please submit your cross-cheque to the Academy of Intl Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation (Room 506, 5/F, West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central Hong Kong).
2. Bank Transfer
Please provide Bank-in Slip and state your full name, contact number and the course title.
Bank Name: BANK OF CHINA (Hong Kong) LIMITED
FPS identifier: 169930302
|Terms and Conditions
|A. Registration must be made by returning the completed online application form via google link and sending the crossed-cheque or copy of the bank-in slip to Room 506, 5/F, West Wing Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong by 12:00 noon on the day of the deadline. Confirmation will be notified by email upon the successful application within two days after the day of the deadline. No Refund will be arranged in all circumstances after the confirmation notification is issued.
B. If you do not receive an email confirmation from the Secretariat within two days after the day of deadline, your name will be wait-listed. Your submitted cheque will be voided subsequently by the Secretariat if you have not been assigned a place in the captioned course or If your course fee was made by bank transfer, a cheque will be issued to you as the payment refund.
C. Participants must sign in and sign out. Participants who are late for more than 20 minutes or leave earlier of each session will not be qualified to complete IDRRMI’s & MHJMC’s & HKMC’s &IPDRAA's CPD Points in respective sessions.
D. If you are not able to attend the captioned course after the receipt of the confirmation email, you are required to inform the Secretariat as soon as you are aware of unavailability on/ before the course date by email. No refund will be made after confirmation.
E. If typhoon signal no. 8 or above or black rainstorm warning signals is hoisted and not lowered by 2 hours before the lesson start, the lesson will be postponed or canceled. Rescheduled date/ time/ venue will be announced in due course.
F. In case of any disputes, the Academy of International Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation reserves the right to make final decisions.
G. The course is subject to change at any time without liability.