Next round, 7th Cohort (Hong Kong):
- Location: Hong Kong
- Course Code: (Edu02-07H-1024)
- Duration: 18 hours
- Date: 10, 12, 17, 19, 24 & 26 January 2024
- Location: West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
- Medium: Cantonese, supplemented with English
- Fee: HKD$10,000
- Deadline: 2 November 2024
Becoming an Accredited International Professional Mediation Assessor of IDRRMI is a key milestone in a mediator’s professional development. It demonstrates that you are an expert in the mediation field, entitles you to put Accredited International Professional Mediation Assessor after your name and you will have the opportunities to be invited to act as a Mediation Assessor in the Professional Mediator Assessments.
This Certificate Course will enable you to develop essential assessment skills using the IDRRMI’s Professional Mediator Assessment System, leading to becoming an International Professional Mediation Assessor of IDRRMI after satisfactorily passing the assessment. You will be qualified to apply for joining the International Accredited Professional Mediator Panel of IDRRMI upon the completion of the course. You are also expected to be able to:
- Understand the approaches of the IDRRMI Professional Mediator Assessment System
- Apply the concepts and details of the Professional Mediation and Cross-border Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- Understand the professional feedback system and the approach to produce value-adding performance analysis
- Understand the ethical standards for the Assessor
- Grasp comprehensive Mediation Skills applicable to the Cross-border Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- Conduct a mediation assessment
An accreditation assessment will be conducted at the end of the program. Graduates who have achieved satisfactory results in the assessment and fulfilled the requirements specified by IDRRMI may be invited to be the Mediation Assessor of the Professional Mediator Assessments organized by IDRRMI.
- Priority will be given to Trainers or Coaches of AIDRN and Hong Kong Mediation Centre (HKMC)
- Accredited Mediator of IDRRMI or HKMC or Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Limited (HKMAAL)
- Conversant with mediation theories, skills, and their applications
- Good communication skills and can adapt their communication style to suit the need of audiences
- Good command of both written and spoken Putonghua, while proficiency in English will be an added advantage
Before attending this course, it is recommended to have detailed understandings of the mediation process and applications of skills.
- Introduction to the course
- Course Objectives
- Schedule and structure of the course
- Role and Function of Assessor
- The important role of a Mediation Assessor
- Competence of a Mediation Assessor
- Ethical standards for the Assessor
- Introduction to Cross-border Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- Special features of the Cross-border Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- The structure of the Professional Cross-Border Mediator Training Course
- Mediation Skills, Process, and Development
- IDRRMI Assessment and Assurance System
- IDRRMI Professional Mediator Assessment Report
- Guidelines on the Assessment of Professional Mediator
- Competence and assessment standards
- Feedback Assessment
- Exercise on Giving Feedback
- Evaluation and Q & A
- Accreditation Assessment
- Certificate Presentation
- Certificate of Completion will be presented to participants with 100% attendance for all the sessions.
- Certificate of Attendance will be presented to participants with 70% attendance for all the sessions.
- Certificate of Accredited International Professional Mediation Assessor will be presented to graduates who have achieved satisfactory results in the assessment.
|18 hours (6 lessons)
|Date and Time
|6 weekday nights (2 nights per week)
|Cantonese (with English teaching materials)
|West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
|Click on the Apply Now button
|No refund will be arranged at all under any circumstances after the confirmation is issued.