*if you have completed a 40-hour General Mediator Training course, please refer to our Conversion course for workplace mediation
- Course Code: Med1314-15H-1023a
- Hours: 20 hours
- Sessions: 3 lessons
- Date: 21, 22 & 28 October 2023
- L1, L2: 9:30am - 6:30pm
- L3: 9:30am – 1:30pm
- Mode: Physical (Face-to-face)
- Location: Hong Kong Legal Hub, West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
- Language: Cantonese, supplemented with English
- Fee: $7,500 (Early bird discount available, apply on or before 21 September 2023; graduate of AIDRN course 10%, regular applicants 5%)
- Application Deadline: 11 October 2023
*Terms and Conditions applied to the applicationPlease refer to the details below
This course is the renamed course of "Certificate in Workplace Mediation Course"
By introducing mediation skills on dealing with conflicts encountered in the workplace, it will surely improve work efficiency, relationships between colleagues or partners, and great support for individual promotion opportunities. Participants would be able to deal with conflict at the workplace more confidently and humorously, as well as preventing conflict from happening in the first place.
Through diverse teaching modes including group discussions, real case sharing, and mediation simulation role exercises, course participants can truly grasp the essence and ready to use skillset back to the workplace for a better working atmosphere. Upon the completion of the course and passing the in-course assessment, participants are eligible to be enlisted as a Certified Professional Workplace Mediator of the IDRRMI.
- How does conflict in the workplace occur?
- The benefits of using mediation to resolve conflicts in the workplace
- Applying the principles of mediation in the workplace
- The principle of Confidentiality and its protection
- The "Six Steps" process in workplace mediation
- Mediation skills: body language, empowerment, breaking the deadlock, breaching the final gap
- Mediation skills: perception check, paraphrasing, reframing skills
- Resolving complaints from external and internal customers
- Approaches to resolving bully and harassment in the workplace
- Role-play exercises and real-time coach evaluation
- Management staff
- Administrative staff responsible for staff training or human resources
- Frontline staff (customer service, complaint management)
- People who are interested in becoming a mediator in the workplace
- People interested in improving communication and conflict resolution skills
- Mode: Lecture, sharing, group discussion, and exercise
- Medium: Cantonese, supplemented by English
- Students attaining 70% attendance in the course and passing the end-of-course assessment will be awarded a "Certificate of Completion".
- Candidates successfully passing the assessment are eligible to apply to be the Certified Workplace Mediators (CWPM) of the International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI) with the presence of the Certificate of Completion or the Assessment Results within a year. The application fee will be HK$500 (effective date will be till 31 December in the year of application) and an annual fee will be HK$500.
Experienced training team consisted of adjunct professors and adjunct lecturers of AIDRN, and the trainers of the IDRRMI.
|Course Code||Med13 (Med1314 is the combined course of Med13 and Med14)|
|Registration||1. Please complete and submit the online application form via the above link at "Apply Now"
2. Please settle the course fee by either crossed cheque or bank transfer on or before TBC
|Location||Hong Kong Legal Hub, West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong|
|Course Fee||HKD$7,500 [Early Bird discount available]|
|Payment Methods||1. Crossed-cheque
Cheque should be made payable to “Academy of Intl Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation Ltd.” Please write down your full name and contact number, and label the course title on the back of the cheque. Only applicable to owners of a Hong Kong bank account. Please submit your cross-cheque to the Academy of Intl Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation (Room 506, 5/F, West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong).
2. Bank Transfer
Please provide the Bank-in Slip and state your full name, contact number, and the course title.
Bank Account: Academy of Intl Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation Ltd
Bank of China Account 012-704-2-005666-9
FPS identifier: 169930302
|Terms and Conditions||A. Registration must be made by returning the completed online application form via google link and sending the crossed-cheque or copy of the bank-in slip to Room 506, 5/F, West Wing Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong by 12:00 noon on the day of the deadline. Confirmation will be notified by email upon the successful application within two days after the day of the deadline. No Refund will be arranged in all circumstances after the confirmation notification is issued.
B. If you do not receive an email confirmation from the Secretariat within two days after the day of deadline, your name will be wait-listed. Your submitted cheque will be voided subsequently by the Secretariat if you have not been assigned a place in the captioned course or If your course fee was made by bank transfer, a cheque will be issued to you as the payment refund.
C. Participants must sign in and sign out. Participants who are late for more than 20 minutes or leave earlier of each session will not be qualified for the completion of IDRRMI’s & MHJMC’s & HKMC’s &IPDRAA's CPD Points in respective sessions.
D. If you are not able to attend the captioned course after the receipt of the confirmation email, you are required to inform the Secretariat as soon as you are aware of unavailability on/ before the course date by email. No refund will be made after confirmation.
E. If typhoon signal no. 8 or above or black rainstorm warning signals is hoisted and not lowered by 2 hours before the lesson start, the lesson will be postponed or canceled. Rescheduled date/ time/ venue will be announced in due course.
F. In case of any disputes, the Academy of International Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation reserves the right to make final decisions.
G. The course is subject to change at any time without liability.