- Course Code: Arb01-05H-0723
- Hours: 50 Hours
- Sessions: 5 lessons
- Date: 15, 22, 29 July, 5 & 12 August 2023
- Time: 9:00am – 7:00pm (including 1.5-hour lunch break)
- Location: Hong Kong Legal Hub, West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
- Language: Cantonese (English and Chinese Training Materials)
- Fee: HK$24,000 (Course Fee HK$18,000 + CIAB Stage II Assessment Fee HK$6,000)
- Application Deadline: 3 July 2023
The Academy of International Dispute Resolution and Professional Negotiation (AIDRN) offers rich content and engaging arbitrator training courses to anyone who aims to achieve a qualified professional international arbitrator qualification at the International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI). Delivered by a training team composes of field-leading experts, this course focuses on both the general international commercial arbitration practice and the specific practising area including insurance, banking and finance, investment, building management, and construction. It is designed to equip participants with the competence, knowledge, and skills of a professional arbitrator.
Advantages of the Training Course
- Obtain advanced professional qualification in a short period of time -Upon completion of this course and end-of-course Qualification Assessment, participants are eligible to apply to become the Certified International Arbitrators (CIAb) of the International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI) and gain the opportunity to handle international commercial arbitration cases.
- Professional Development Platforms -IDRRMI provides diversified continuing professional development opportunities and a well-established professional advancement platform to professional members, including advanced courses, seminars, conferences, case referrals, etc., supporting professional development in the arbitration industry.
- International Arbitration for Commercial Dispute Settlement
- Regulatory Framework for Arbitration
- Legal Regime governing international commercial arbitration
- Evidence, decision-making, and Arbitral award writing
- Exercises, mock arbitration, and end-of-course professional qualification assessment
- Legal practitioners including solicitors, barristers, dispute resolution advocates, in-house legal, consultants, senior-level management and executives;
- Professionals in commercial, finance, banking, healthcare, property management, construction and human resources management; and
- Any persons who are interested in participating in commercial arbitration in Hong Kong, Mainland, Taiwan, Macau, and overseas.
Certification & Professional Qualification
- Participants attaining ≥ 80% attendance in the course and passing the end-of-course assessment will be awarded a “Certificate of Completion” to the Training course.
- Candidates with the “Certificate of Completion” are eligible to register at the IDRRMI, enlisting as Arbitration Members of the IDRRMI, Hong Kong Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (HKCICA), and the Asia Pacific Centre for Arbitration and Mediation (APCAM).
|Course category Code||Arb01|
|Duration||50-hours (5 lessons)|
|Time||9:00am-7:00pm (including 1.5 hours lunch-break)|
|Location||Physical: West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong
|Teaching Medium||Cantonese, supplemented with English|
|Tuition Fee||HK$24,000 (Assessment fee included)|
|Application Method||1) Please complete the application form (Click on "Apply Now" from the above);
2) Submit C.V to the admission office of AIDRN via email (firstname.lastname@example.org); and
3) Complete the application procedure (including settling the course fee) before the deadline for application.
1. Crossed cheque
2. Bank Transfer